Skip to Content
Prescription Errors

Prescription Error Lawsuits

How Do I Know If I Have a Pharmacy Negligence Case?

When you take a doctor’s prescription to be filled by a pharmacist, you assume that the pharmacist will properly fill your prescription. Unfortunately, pharmacy negligence and pharmacist errors are all too common.

If you or a loved one has been the victim of a pharmacy error, you can rely on the experienced personal injury lawyers at Hacker Murphy. Based in New York’s Capital District, we represent clients throughout the State of New York in injury claims. We represent clients who have been injured and family members who have lost a loved one as a result of a pharmacy error. We have experience handling a wide range of pharmacy error claims, including:

  • Wrong medication
  • Wrong dosage
  • Adverse drug interactions
  • Physical and neurological injuries
  • Fatal injuries
  • Dependence on medications that were incorrectly dispensed

Prescription Error Attorneys Serving Upstate New York

Our firm has handled cases against large New York pharmacies, and our experience, resources, and commitment to handling complex injury litigation has led to a strong record of results. Our attorneys are committed to seeking the full compensation you deserve, so if you have been injured because a pharmacist at Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS or another local pharmacy negligently filled your prescription, let us put our experience to work for you.

We are highly adept at investigating and preparing personal injury claims for trial. When insurance companies understand that taking a case to trial could expose them to a significant jury award, they are more likely to make a fair settlement offer that fully compensates an injured claimant.

Our highly-skilled legal team also represents injured victims with other types of malpractice cases, including:

Contact Us Today

To schedule a free and confidential consultation with one of our experienced prescription error attorneys, call (518) 284-3183 or fill out a brief contact form and an attorney will call you within 24 hours. Convenient appointments, including evenings and weekends, are available upon request at any of our law offices in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, or Saratoga Springs, NY.

Have Questions?

  • If I hire an attorney but do not want to go to trial, can I settle?
    In the course of preparing a case for trial, your personal injury attorney will work with the defense attorneys and insurance companies in an effort to secure a fair settlement for you and your family. The final decision to accept an offer of settlement or go to trial is yours alone to make.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.
  • If arrested, what steps can I take on my behalf?

    1. Do not discuss your situation with anyone except your attorney.

    2. Unless your attorney says otherwise, do not discuss your case with law enforcement.

    3. Request to have your attorney present if you are to be put in a lineup or subjected to testing.

    4. Remain calm and courteous. Allow your attorney to speak for you to ensure that your rights are protected and you are given all the benefits afforded to you under the law.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.

  • What is the difference between criminal procedure and civil procedure?
    When a crime has been committed, action is taken by a government agency against the person, persons, organization or other entity that violated the law. The first purpose of a criminal prosecution is punishment, which frequently consists of a fine or jail time. In a civil matter, the dispute is between two or more individuals or entities. The first purpose of a civil prosecution is obtaining compensation for the wronged person or entity. Settlement in a civil matter is generally an award of a money judgment. A criminal sentence is not imposed in a civil matter.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.