Skip to Content
Disorderly Conduct Charge Defense Lawyer

Hiring a Defense Attorney for Disorderly Conduct in New York State

In New York State, disorderly conduct is a violation, which is not considered a crime. As such, a disorderly conduct conviction will not result in a criminal record, unlike misdemeanor or felony convictions. It is important to understand, a disorderly conduct conviction could still result in up to 15-days in jail, fines and/or community service.

Hiring a defense lawyer right from the start is good advice. An experienced attorney will protect your rights and will work to have disorderly conduct charges dismissed or reduced.

Sentencing Guidelines for a Disorderly Conduct Conviction in New York State

As a violation, a disorderly conduct conviction may not appear to be a big deal. That is, until you are sentenced to jail time or community service that negatively impacts your work, family and social life.

Conviction of Disorderly Conduct in New York State could mean:

  • Up to 15-days in jail
  • Fines and/or
  • Community service

If you’ve been charged with disorderly conduct, it will be in your best interest to hire an attorney. An experienced criminal defense attorney is uniquely qualified to address these charges on their own, or when accompanied by misdemeanor or felony charges. The sooner you hire a lawyer, the faster they can act to protect your rights and reduce the impact of disorderly conduct charges on your day-to-day life.

Our defense lawyers are committed to defending you against any and all charges you may face and will seek the best possible outcome for you and your family. Learn more about the Hacker Murphy.

Hacker Murphy also represents clients with the following criminal charges:

Contact us for a Free, no-obligation phone consultation or schedule a complimentary in-person meeting with our defense lawyers at one of our offices, conveniently located in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, and Saratoga Springs. Our attorneys will listen to your situation, allow you time to ask questions, and provide you a quote right there on the spot.

Have Questions?

  • If I hire an attorney but do not want to go to trial, can I settle?
    In the course of preparing a case for trial, your personal injury attorney will work with the defense attorneys and insurance companies in an effort to secure a fair settlement for you and your family. The final decision to accept an offer of settlement or go to trial is yours alone to make.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.
  • If arrested, what steps can I take on my behalf?

    1. Do not discuss your situation with anyone except your attorney.

    2. Unless your attorney says otherwise, do not discuss your case with law enforcement.

    3. Request to have your attorney present if you are to be put in a lineup or subjected to testing.

    4. Remain calm and courteous. Allow your attorney to speak for you to ensure that your rights are protected and you are given all the benefits afforded to you under the law.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.

  • What is the difference between criminal procedure and civil procedure?
    When a crime has been committed, action is taken by a government agency against the person, persons, organization or other entity that violated the law. The first purpose of a criminal prosecution is punishment, which frequently consists of a fine or jail time. In a civil matter, the dispute is between two or more individuals or entities. The first purpose of a civil prosecution is obtaining compensation for the wronged person or entity. Settlement in a civil matter is generally an award of a money judgment. A criminal sentence is not imposed in a civil matter.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.