Skip to Content
Dram Shop Liability Lawyers

Dram Shop Liability Lawyers

Injured by a Drunk Driver? The Bar or Restaurant May be Responsible

Most people who have been injured in a drunk driving accident (DWI/DWAI) understand that they have a right to file a personal injury lawsuit against the drunk driver who caused their injuries. What many accident victims do not understand is that they also have a right to pursue a personal injury claim against a bar, restaurant, or other establishments that negligently provided alcohol to a customer who then caused an accident.

What is a Dram Shop Liability?

Many states, including New York, have dram shop laws that hold bars, restaurants, and other commercial establishments liable for negligently serving alcohol to individuals who are obviously intoxicated, underage, or purchasing alcohol after hours.

If you suspect that a bar, hotel, restaurant, or other commercial establishments may have played a role in a drunk driving accident and you need to speak with an experienced injury lawyer at Hacker Murphy immediately. Our law firm has been advocating on behalf of accident victims for decades. We are dedicated to holding drunk drivers and negligent establishments responsible for the injuries they have caused, so contact us now to discuss your case in detail.

Dedicated and Thorough Legal Representation in Upstate NY

To pursue the full and fair compensation you deserve, we thoroughly prepare each case for the possibility of trial and have access to scientific, medical, and financial experts who can help us build a strong case on your behalf.

As a result of our meticulous trial preparation, we put our clients in a favorable position to obtain full and fair compensation through a negotiated settlement agreement. If the insurance company does not make a fair settlement offer, we will be thoroughly prepared to take it to trial to pursue the full and fair compensation you are entitled to receive.

Contact Us Today

Any type of car accident can be devastating. Our trusted legal team also helps those involved with the following cases:

Contact us for a free consultation by phone or schedule a confidential in-person meeting with an attorney at one of our four convenient offices in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, and Saratoga Springs. We are here to help you and your family through this difficult situation.

Have Questions?

  • If I hire an attorney but do not want to go to trial, can I settle?
    In the course of preparing a case for trial, your personal injury attorney will work with the defense attorneys and insurance companies in an effort to secure a fair settlement for you and your family. The final decision to accept an offer of settlement or go to trial is yours alone to make.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.
  • If arrested, what steps can I take on my behalf?

    1. Do not discuss your situation with anyone except your attorney.

    2. Unless your attorney says otherwise, do not discuss your case with law enforcement.

    3. Request to have your attorney present if you are to be put in a lineup or subjected to testing.

    4. Remain calm and courteous. Allow your attorney to speak for you to ensure that your rights are protected and you are given all the benefits afforded to you under the law.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.

  • What is the difference between criminal procedure and civil procedure?
    When a crime has been committed, action is taken by a government agency against the person, persons, organization or other entity that violated the law. The first purpose of a criminal prosecution is punishment, which frequently consists of a fine or jail time. In a civil matter, the dispute is between two or more individuals or entities. The first purpose of a civil prosecution is obtaining compensation for the wronged person or entity. Settlement in a civil matter is generally an award of a money judgment. A criminal sentence is not imposed in a civil matter.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.