Skip to Content
Quadriplegia Paraplegia

Quadriplegia / Paraplegia Injuries Require Experienced Legal Advice 

If you or a loved one have been in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation to cover a range of expenses. At Hacker Murphy our experienced legal team helps clients who have suffered paralysis and quadriplegia get the compensation they deserve for their injuries.

Contact us today to schedule a free, confidential consultation and evaluation of your case.

Paralyzed Due to an Accident in NY? We Can Help.

Individuals who become paralyzed as a result of a serious accident face a lifetime of physical and financial obstacles. In New York State, the initial cost of medical care for someone who has become paralyzed is extremely high. Subsequently, the long-term care and cost of assistive products adds to the financial strains of the injury.

Our experienced attorneys will push for a settlement through arbitration or mediation. However, if we cannot reach agreement through negotiation, we are prepared to seek compensation through a lawsuit and litigation. Our goal is to help you, the accident victim, as well as your family, make a full financial recovery.

Common Causes of Paralyzation Injuries

There are a variety of accidents that can cause paralyzation. We have represented clients who have suffered serious spinal cord injuries like paralysis and quadriplegia in a range of accidents, including:

  • Car accidents
  • Truck accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents
  • Construction accidents
  • Accidents caused by dangerous property conditions

If you have suffered a spinal cord injury in an accident, our law firm can also guide you through your ERISA disability claim. If you are applying for the first time or you have been denied and you wish to appeal the decision, we can explain the process and help walk you through it.

Other Types of Malpractice Cases We Handle

Our highly-skilled legal team also represents injured victims with other types of malpractice cases, including:

Contact Us Today

To speak to a serious injury attorney, contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss the legal options in your case. We offer convenient meeting times at any of our four regional law offices, located in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, and Saratoga Springs, NY. We are here to help you and your family through this difficult situation. Call us today.

Have Questions?

  • If I hire an attorney but do not want to go to trial, can I settle?
    In the course of preparing a case for trial, your personal injury attorney will work with the defense attorneys and insurance companies in an effort to secure a fair settlement for you and your family. The final decision to accept an offer of settlement or go to trial is yours alone to make.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.
  • If arrested, what steps can I take on my behalf?

    1. Do not discuss your situation with anyone except your attorney.

    2. Unless your attorney says otherwise, do not discuss your case with law enforcement.

    3. Request to have your attorney present if you are to be put in a lineup or subjected to testing.

    4. Remain calm and courteous. Allow your attorney to speak for you to ensure that your rights are protected and you are given all the benefits afforded to you under the law.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.

  • What is the difference between criminal procedure and civil procedure?
    When a crime has been committed, action is taken by a government agency against the person, persons, organization or other entity that violated the law. The first purpose of a criminal prosecution is punishment, which frequently consists of a fine or jail time. In a civil matter, the dispute is between two or more individuals or entities. The first purpose of a civil prosecution is obtaining compensation for the wronged person or entity. Settlement in a civil matter is generally an award of a money judgment. A criminal sentence is not imposed in a civil matter.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.