Skip to Content
Third Party Liability Claims

Third-Party Liability Claims

Experienced Third-Party Liability Suits Attorneys

Serving Albany, Troy, Saratoga Springs and Schenectady Areas

Have you been injured in a work accident? Has a boss or co-worker told you that workers’ compensation is your only legal remedy? You may have received inaccurate information.

If you have been injured in a work accident that was caused by a dangerous product or a third party (someone other than your employer or co-worker), you might be entitled to additional compensation through a product defect liability or third-party liability claim. Both types of personal injury claims can provide compensation in addition to your workers’ compensation benefits.

To learn more about your options, contact an attorney at Hacker Murphy today. Our attorneys offer experienced representation in product liability and third-party liability claims.

What Are Third-Party Liability Claims?

While workers’ compensation claims provide wage benefits and medical benefits, they do not offer compensation for pain and suffering. Personal injury claims, by contrast, do provide compensation for pain and suffering.

One type of personal injury claim that may arise in the context of a work injury is a third-party liability claim. If your work injury was caused by a third party — someone other than your boss or a co-worker — you may be able to pursue compensation through a third-party liability claim. You likely have a third-party claim if you were injured on a construction site or in a car accident.

Since our attorneys have experience in a variety of personal injury claims, including third-party liability and product liability claims, we are highly adept at identifying alternate sources of compensation that may be available to you.

Contact Us Today

For decades we have been committed to helping injured clients obtain the full and fair compensation they are entitled to receive. Our attorneys have collectively represented thousands of injured clients.

We offer meetings at your convenience at any of our four law offices in Albany, Troy, Schenectady and Saratoga Springs, NY, or at a location closer to you.

Call our legal team at (518) 284-3183 or contact us online to arrange a free, confidential consultation, including evening or weekend appointments. We are here to help you and your family get through this difficult time.

Have Questions?

We Have Answers!
  • If I hire an attorney but do not want to go to trial, can I settle?
    In the course of preparing a case for trial, your personal injury attorney will work with the defense attorneys and insurance companies in an effort to secure a fair settlement for you and your family. The final decision to accept an offer of settlement or go to trial is yours alone to make.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.
  • If arrested, what steps can I take on my behalf?

    1. Do not discuss your situation with anyone except your attorney.

    2. Unless your attorney says otherwise, do not discuss your case with law enforcement.

    3. Request to have your attorney present if you are to be put in a lineup or subjected to testing.

    4. Remain calm and courteous. Allow your attorney to speak for you to ensure that your rights are protected and you are given all the benefits afforded to you under the law.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.

  • What is the difference between criminal procedure and civil procedure?
    When a crime has been committed, action is taken by a government agency against the person, persons, organization or other entity that violated the law. The first purpose of a criminal prosecution is punishment, which frequently consists of a fine or jail time. In a civil matter, the dispute is between two or more individuals or entities. The first purpose of a civil prosecution is obtaining compensation for the wronged person or entity. Settlement in a civil matter is generally an award of a money judgment. A criminal sentence is not imposed in a civil matter.
    Contact us now to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.